Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Lithuanians: Meet Joe Janush and hear the song Kaimas Pamirstas Visai

song "Kaimas Pamirstas Visai" - The Village is Completely Forgotten

Meet one of THE LITHUANIANS, Joe Janush from Hot Springs , Arkansas in his own words

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello Raymond:

Here is the picture you requested.

I am 80 years old, American born of Lithuanian parents.
They emigrated from Varniai area to Chicago in the early 1900s.
Our family name was Janusas but was changed by officials
when my father entered the U.S.

After living in many places (work related) I retired 17 years
ago to Arkansas together with Georgia, my wife for 52 years.
We have a daughter teaching in a local school and a son
teaching in Indonesia.

I enjoy learning about my Lithuanian heritage and congratulate
you on your efforts to provide so much information in one place.
You should have thousands of subscribers

Joe Janush

http://www.thelithuanians.com/

No comments: